It was a great day yesterday at the Annual Hayride the weather was superb. The games and races kept everyone entertained and there was no rain to spoil the day.
It’s great that this tradition continues in the village and the Community Council are happy to organise it, but there are many people to thank who without the event would never take place:
- Murray at Comrie & Sons the Butchers who donates all the burgers
- Kenny Howitt who organises all the games and the PA system
- Ann & Margaret Robertson who cook and serve the burgers, ice-cream, teas and coffees,
- George and Ena Bennie who allowed us to hold the event in one of their fields surrounded by wonderful scenery.
- The farmers and drivers who come along year after year with the tractors and trailers
- The Comrie Fortnight Association who provided us with juice and ice-cream
- Alan Stewart who provides the hay bales
- Mel at the Nisa store who gets our big shopping list including rolls, juice etc
- Scotloo for the mobile toilets
- Lynn at PKC who organised our insurance at such short notice
And of course all the people who come along donate raffle prizes and then by raffle tickets and participate in the day.
We can’t thank everyone enough and it’s the Comrie spirit that makes it such a special day. This year we raised £320.00 which is wonderful and will go to pay for next year’s event. We hope that everyone, especially the children enjoyed their day and long may it continue.
Here is a collection of photos taken by Felicity Martin, Thanks Felicity for you to enjoy and re-live the event