EU Citizens Rights Project Scotland has organised and a briefing session in Perth aimed at NGOs, EU citizens’ rights groups, community groups and other third sector organisations working with vulnerable EU/EEA citizens that would like to learn what Brexit and the EU Settlement Scheme mean to them.
I was wondering if you could share this with relevant contacts in your area. Members of your community council are also more than welcome to attend.
It will take place on 09/11/2019 from 10am to 12:15pm at The Salutation Hotel (34 South Street, PH2 8PH, Perth)
Attendees will be signposted to any relevant materials and support tools, such as Home Office toolkits, and specific advice services for citizens who need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme.
This free briefing session will:
- Give them a clear understanding of the EU Settlement Scheme (the new immigration status that EU citizens will need to apply for after Brexit)
- Explain the changes to EU citizens’ status, so they are able to provide assurances.
- Explain the changes to EU citizens’ rights to work, study, access public services, and to vote.
- Signpost sources of further information and support.
- Give practical information on the steps EU citizens, and the organisations that work with them, can take to resolve any problems.
People can register their interest here.
We would be very grateful if you could also share the event in your social media channels and networks. I have also attached a poster for distribution.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you very much in advance for your attention.
EU Citizens Rights Project