Read the Funding Alert June 2021 from PKC (opens as a pdf)
The 13-page newsletter offers a list of grant funding and assistance available from a wide range of sources for an equally wide range of projects, complete with links and contacts for more information.
One or tow examples are copy-pasted below. Other funds include the COVID-19 Response Fund, the Community Ownership Fund, the Third Sector Growth Fund and a wide range of others in support of climate and environmental initiatives, sustainable development, arts and culture, children and families, health and more.
Community organisations and volunteer groups are urged to take a look. You never know what you might find.
Community Investment Fund
The Community Investment Fund (CIF) provides £600,000 to community led projects over 2021/22. It is an opportunity for local people to make an impact on the issues that matter the most to them. Grants are available to eligible groups in this round of funding.
Who can apply?
Applications will be accepted from a wide range of community organisations including not-for-profit groups, community councils, development trusts, parent teacher partnerships, registered charities and social enterprises. Your group does not need to be fully constituted to apply, but must have access to an appropriate bank account. Businesses and individuals cannot apply.
Happy to fund:
• Community management of a local facility
• Improvements to a community asset
• Developing an outdoor space for a community use
• Purchasing equipment or materials that will benefit the local community
• Community events or a programme of activities
• Sessional staff to support community based activities
• Training for community members if it can be shown to benefit the wider community
• Promotion and publicity for community activities, programmes or development activities
• New or innovative services, designed to tackle inequalities
Deadline 3rd September 2021
Find out more on https://www.pkc.gov.uk/cif
Community environment challenge fund
The Community Environment Challenge Fund (CECF) can provide support and funding for community-led environmental projects.
Any of the following can be funded:
- Equipment costs, tidy-up and maintenance activities and reasonable professional fees which are directly incurred in respect of the project.
- Improvements to sports pitches and sports ground pavilions.
- The Contributing Third Party (CTP) payment for the Scottish Landfill Communities Fund and other landfill providers.
The projects must be led and delivered by community groups, must make a significant difference to the local environment and be widely supported within the community. In addition, there is a requirement for a long-term maintenance commitment for any projects undertaken through the Fund.
How much would the grant be?
The minimum grant request is £2,500 up to a maximum of £10,000. 50% match funding is required. For example, an application of £2500 would have a total cost of at least £5,000. The whole project can be of any size and there is no defined maximum project cost.
For more information about the Community Environment Challenge Fund, watch the YouTube video.
In the 2015 Securing the Future Awards, the Community Environment Challenge Fund was awarded a Silver Award.
If you have any other questions regarding the Community Environment Challenge Fund, please contact Perth & Kinross Council’s Waste Services or the Community Greenspace team by telephoning 01738 475000 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.