The Community Council has received the following notice from PKC
Bids must be emailed to Perth & Kinross Council at PKCommunityRenewalFund@pkc.gov.uk. The deadline for bid submissions is 10.00am, Monday 24 May 2021.
The UK Community Renewal Fund (CRF) is a UK Government programme for 2021/22. The CRF is aimed at helping local areas prepare for the introduction of the UK Shared Prosperity Fund, which will replace EU Structural Funding from April 2022.
The UK Government is particularly interested in bids that build on local insight and knowledge, align with long-term strategic plans for local growth, target people most in need, support community renewal, and demonstrate a contribution to national net zero and carbon reduction ambitions. In effect, it invests in skills, community and place, local business, and supporting people into employment
The Government is also keen that this Fund is used to support innovation and new ideas.
The Community Renewal Fund has four national investment priorities:
- Skills: including work-based training, retraining and digital skills/inclusion
- Local business: including supporting entrepreneurs, innovation, and decarbonisation
- Communities and Place: including feasibility studies for net zero projects, opportunities for culture-led regeneration, green spaces, and rural connectivity.
- Supporting people into employment: including addressing barriers to employment, raising aspirations, and basic skills.
As part of the process to compete for these funds the UK Government has identified Perth &Kinross Council as the Lead Authority locally. As such the Council has the responsibility for inviting, assessing, prioritising, and submitting bids to government of up to £3 million for the Perth and Kinross area.
Perth & Kinross Council Role (Lead Authority)
Perth and Kinross Council has been designated as a lead authority by the UK Government. As a lead authority, the Council is responsible for:
- issuing this invitation
- receiving bids
- selecting the bids that will be sent to UK Government for consideration
- paying grants to successful projects and managing their performance
Full details of the role of lead authorities can be found in the UK Community Renewal Fund Prospectus.