Strathearn Marathon 2022 Information
Preparations are nearly complete for the 2022 Strathearn Marathon this Sunday (12th June), and we have some additional information for you about the race.
Registration and Start
• The race starts and finishes at Cultybraggan Camp (near Comrie, PH6 2AB). Marshals will direct you to the runners’ car park / drop-off on arrival.
• Whilst COVID-19 restrictions are no longer in force, please do take a responsible approach in relation to hygiene and, if you have possible symptoms, considering whether it is sensible to attend.
• Registration opens at 0730 and closes at 0830. You simply need to check-in, as your race number has been sent to you – please remember to bring it! If yours has been lost in the post, or forgotten, we will have spares available. Please wear your race number on your front so that it can be clearly seen.
• The race will start at 9am. Toilets will be available close to registration.
• This race is chip timed (start and finish), though prizes will be awarded based on gun time (from the race start time). We thank pbTiming for their help, and results will be made available as soon as possible after the race – keep an eye on the Strathearn Marathon Facebook page.
• We ask you to comply with the UKA / SA rule that runners should not wear “in ear” headphones in races that take place on roads which are open to traffic. “Bone conduction” earphones are permitted. This is a safety issue as you need to be able to hear traffic and any instructions that marshals may have.
• Unfortunately, we are unable to offer secure bag storage. Bags can be left in the changing huts, but we take no responsibility for items or valuables left during the race. The race will start and end close to the car parking at the camp, however.
During the Race
• There will be plenty of marshals stationed around the course – they can assist you if you need transport back to Cultybraggan or require first aid. Marshals are available at all road junctions and water stations.
• It is most important that you notify the nearest marshal if you have to withdraw from the race as we need to account for all runners.
• Runners should run on the left-hand side of the road unless otherwise instructed by a marshal.
• There are eight water stations on the race route (miles 3.5, 7.5, 10, 13, 15, 18.5 and 24), each providing small bottles of water.
• Please put used bottles (and any other rubbish) in the bins provided or next to a mile marker if possible.
• There are limited toilet facilities on the route – in an emergency, there are toilets at the Crieff Visitor Centre (about 18.5 miles) and then there are public toilets just off the course in Comrie (about 24.5 miles).
• For spectators, the museum at the Camp is open from 1030 for visitors – enquire at the Camp office. Or enjoy the hospitality on offer in Comrie, Crieff, or at Comrie Croft on the A85 between the two.
After the Race
• Those completing the race will be awarded a Strathearn Marathon medal, possibly squirrel-themed, and you might even be able to get your photo taken with our squirrel mascot. There will also be a goody bag with food from the award-winning Wild Hearth Bakery, based at the Camp. There will be chairs at the finish if you need to sit down for a minute or two to recover from your efforts
• Some very fashionable Strathearn Marathon 2022 race merchandise is available to order from https://houseoftartan.com/scottish/binr3.asp?secid=70…
Many thanks to our generous sponsors: Highland Spring, Glenturret whisky, and the Handy Shop, and the grateful assistance of Wild Hearth Bakery, pbTiming, MoKa Pottery, Perth & Kinross Council, House of Tartan, and the Comrie Development Trust (Cultybraggan Camp). And we’re hugely grateful to the volunteers who allow us to put this event on – please give them a wee cheer on the way past.
We hope you have a great day with us. If you’ve got any further questions, let us know through the Strathearn Marathon Facebook page, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
See you Sunday!
Strathearn Marathon Race Director