National Entitlement Card

Following a temporary suspension card production has now been resumed by the company who produce the NEC and we can now accept new applications, requests for renewals and replacement cards.

From 1 July, bus operators reverted back to the normal process of allowing free bus travel only where a valid National Entitlement Card is presented.

What can the NEC card be used for?

The National Entitlement Card (NEC) in Perth and Kinross gives access to the following services:


You can request a replacement card if it is lost, stolen or damaged by emailing calling Customer Services on 01738 475000.


Bus passes for people with disabilities or with a companion entitlement (+1) will require to be renewed at regular intervals. When your card is due to expire, you will have to provide current evidence of your eligibility. You do not need to make a new application.

New applications

Click below to apply and follow the step by step process to create or log in to your MyGovScot MyAccount to make your application.  Verification will be done through the online process by scanning documents or you can choose to apply via YOTI (Your Digital Identity).

Apply online

Alternatively, download or complete an icon application form [264Kb] and return your form and copies of supporting evidence:

  • All applicants must provide proof of address, person and photograph
  • Applications for people with disabilities should also include proof of eligibility
    • By email
    • By post

If you are unable to download a copy, please request a copy by:

Submitting your documents

Due to the Coronavirus outbreak our offices are closed so we are unable to accept documents in person. An electronic copy of your application, photograph and evidence will be accepted during this time including scans and photographs sent to or copies can be returned by post to Customer Services, Pullar House, 35 Kinnoull Street, Perth PH1 5GD. Please do not send original paperwork.

More information during this time can be found on or